Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thought for Food

Eating after midnight must be the reason for high electric bills. Whenever I go to the fridge late at night, open the fridge door and that brilliant, bright light comes on, I'm like a deer in the headlights. Physically trapped, my mind starts doing the browsing for me. But this is not a good thing. There I am, staring into the fridge and I start thinking about fried chicken. There isn't even any fried chicken in the fridge but there I am thinking about that Church's on Heights Blvd in Houston that always had those huge juicy pieces and the best jalapeños. But then I think, jalapeños probably aren't good this time of the night so my mind trips on over to KFC because I love the Buffalo Snackers but that would be just as bad as the jalapeños which leads to what I like to call "little heart attacks in plastic" - the KFC Potato Bowl. You really should have to take a physical to be able to order one of those. (Did i mention there still isn't any chicken in the fridge?) Anyyywaaay, I'm out of shape and a potato bowl would be too heavy this late. This of course coming from the guy who orders Chicken Fried Steak, eggs, hash browns and toast everytime he stops for food on the way home from the bars. Was there actually another reference to fried chicken there? No? Good. Maybe I should just have a PBnJ. Where's the jelly? There it is. Hmmm, there's orange marmalade and raspberry (w/ seeds). Why is it that orange marmalade always makes me think of la Madeleine bread and raspberry jelly always makes me think of Monte Cristo sandwiches? I don't even eat the orange marmalade when I go to la Madeleine. I sure do love their Caesar salads though. That would be so perfect right now. Nah. But I love those Monte Cristo sandwiches. Oh!!...There's the raspberry jelly connection! There's another food you should have to take a physical for before ordering one. The Monte Cristo - it's like a fried, fried thing but, it is soooo good! I feel fat. Maybe I should just go to bed. What the hell?! I've been standing here with the refrigerator door open for 20 minutes?! Geez I better shut the damn door before everything spoils in here. You know what? Tomorrow I'm gonna put a strobe light in the fridge so that way when I come back late at night it'll accomodate my ADD and maybe I'll be able to decide on something to eat. I'm too tired to eat now anyway........oh yeah! I've got Pringles by the bed. Happy Q! Happy Q!.

No comments:

Post a Comment