Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Taste's like shit but smells like...teen spirit?

Alright, I need a little help here. I recently watched a show about how a dog's sense of smell is so much greater than a human's. A dog's nose can smell up to one million times that of a human's. So here's my problem, anyone who's ever owned a dog knows about the problem of dog's eating their own, or any other animal's, "poo". I have actually had to forcibly break a couple of my dog's from doing this. But after watching this show on Animal Planet (very trustworthy source) I'm wondering, is there something we not only don't understand, but maybe, we can't understand? (how I could just kill a man...oops Public Enemy flashback). Where was I? I yeah, eating shit. If we taste something horrible we say it tastes like shit. But I've actually had to wrestle a dog down to try and get the shit he'd just eaten out of his mouth. Hell, even the way dog's check each other out is by sniffing each other's butts. There's got to be something to this. I know that how things taste to us is dependant on our sense of smell (thanks Discovery Channel). You know, hold your nose to take bad medicine. I'm telling you there really is something to this. Maybe all this time we've had all wrong. If a dog's sense of smell is so much greater than ours - And taste is dependent on smell - And dog's are perceptive enough to be finicky about what kind of dog food (or even people food) they eat but, show 'em a big 'ol pile and you'd think they'd just arrived at the all-you-can-eat buffet at the Bellagio. Maybe it isn't bad food that taste's like shit but good food! I mean look how happy dog's are when they get the opportunity to chow down on some good ol' poo. And look how shiny they're coats are! That ain't Alpo or Science Diet that does that. And I can't even begin talking about about the meet and greet butt sniffing thing. All the money we spend on perfume and maybe we actually should be sniffing each other's crotches. I'm not ashamed to say I'd probably be more accepting of a whole lot more people if I was allowed to sniff their critch upon encountering them. Then again ther'd be a whole lot more people I'd never even attempt to get to know if that were case. But see? Maybe that right there proves my point. If I were more positive about sniffing people's crotches maybe I'd have a greater chance of meeting more people of quality. Thoughts? I'd love to know what y'all think. In the meantime...I'm hungry. I'm gonna go eat now. Hope it tastes like shit...and smells like...Teen Spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment