Sunday, September 6, 2009

Disclaimer (sort of)

This is more for me than it is for anyone else. I am fortunate to be involved with a rather merry band of bloggers that, regardless of professional comedic and/or professional writer status, consistently write about stuff that puts at least a solid smirk on my face if not making me laugh uproariously out loud. So I feel the need, nay, desire to write a disclaimer. I used to write incessantly many years ago and for some reason stopped a couple of years ago. Upon joining the MySpace cult and reading other people's blogs I became re-inspired to want to write again. This would normally be a good thing as I have swarm of stuff going through head at all times. Ever seen "A Beautiful Mind"? Remember his shed? Picture that, in constant movement, in one's head. Just change the math/conspiracy stuff to Hunter S. Thompson meets "Altered States" meets The Name of the Rose meets The Daily Show meets George Carlin, meets...well, you get the picture. MySpace got boring and I stumbled upon Facebook. Though much better as far as interacting with friends, it's "Notes" section just doesn't have the feel to a proper blog so again, my writing stopped. But then I was blessed with meeting Karen jones. She is a blogger [Jones To The Grindstone] who is now back in school going for Masters In Journalism from Harvard University (yeah, "that" Harvard). She is witty, funny (amazingly attractive) and these characteristics show through in her blogs. Now once again, through her inspiration, I am feeling the urge to be expressive. I have been a little hesitant to though because there have been so many personal (serious) hardships lately and I haven't wanted my re-emergence into writing to reflect that. Fear of appearing too angry, too sad, too blah, blah, blah. Anyway, all of this has severely been hindering my creative "cob". And until a can pull said "cob" out of my imaginative ass of insanity I feel these blogs (mine) will be less than stellar. So, at present, just be aware that I'm not writing any blogs to impress anyone. Instead, at present, they are more tugs at that veritable aforementioned "cob". Once I'm settled in whatever situation I end up in, I'm sure the tone and topics will hopefully improve. In the meantime, read if it satisfies you, or makes you feel better about your own blogs or...you're more than welcome to "change the channel". Your choice. Just know I'm not doing this for anyone's approval but my own. I will be throwing some of my old stuff that I haven't posted yet up here as well if only to maybe help inspire me to write new stuff. Thanks for reading. Hope you come back for more.

Discaimer:This was written because "an old friend" who has read the stuff I used to write dropped me a line and said that they missed my rantings, ravings and musings that are my writings. Gotta love friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment